Do you receive applications by email? In order to facilitate the import of the documents, we show you in this article which points to consider.
Table of contents
1. Job inbox
Each job is automatically assigned an email address in Prescreen. You can find them in the respective job (1) on the right side behind the mailbox icon (2). Click on the icon and the link will be saved to your clipboard.
Now forward the email application to the respective mailbox to get all relevant information of your candidate into Prescreen.
You can find the mailbox for speculative applications at "Settings" (1) > "Applications" (2) > "E-mail applications" (3) > "E-mail inbox for speculative applications" (4).
Read more information about speculative applications in this article under point 4.
2. What to consider when importing email applications
- Document size: Please make sure that the total size of the email (including all attachments and headers) does not exceed 20 MB or the number of pages does not exceed 50. If the documents are too large, please reduce their size before sending.
- File formats: PDF and Word formats are good for uploading attachments as they can be easily read by the system, though basically we accept all common text and image formats. Please note that ZIP files are rejected by the system.
Scanned documents are captured as long as they are created in good quality.
However, we do not recommend forwarding videos by email, as they often exceed the maximum size of 20 MB on their own.
- Content: It is best to forward the email application to the appropriate mailbox without comment or signature, i.e. delete all information except for the candidate's text. This reduces the size of the email and no internal comments are stored in the candidate profile.
- Automatic forwarding: You can have email applications automatically forwarded from your normal mailbox to the respective Prescreen email address. Please make sure that the sender is the company address to avoid SFP errors. If you have any questions about the setup and to the SPF-check, please contact your internal IT administrator.
- Our recommendation: Have you received multiple documents via email? Forward only the resume to the job mailbox and upload the remaining attachments directly via the candidate profile. To do this, drag each document to the "Attachments" field (1) or click "+ Add" (2).
The documents are already visible in Prescreen after a few minutes. Please note that longer transmission times may occur during peak times (e.g. on Mondays).
If the email application failed, it will be displayed under "Settings" (1) > "Applications" (2) > "E-mail applications" (3) > "Last 25 failed e-mail application parsings" (4).
3. Data validation
To make sure that all the information from the email application has been read and correctly imported by the system, please check the candidate profile.
Please note, if the email address is not readable from the application or there is no email address on the resume, then the sender's email address will be used for the time being instead of the candidate's email address.
Confirm the correctness of the data via the "Approve profile"-button (1). As part of the check, you can also send candidates an intro email (2), which will reassure them that the application has arrived. You can customize the content of this email in the "Settings" > "Messaging" > "Notifications to applicants" > "Notification about profiles created for e-mail applications".
4. Mailbox for speculative applications
The mailbox for speculative applications can be found under "Settings" (1) > "Applications" (2) > "E-mail applications" (3) > "E-mail inbox for speculative applications" (4).
The speculative application function can be integrated into job advertisements in three different ways:
- Firstly, the parameters "?sa=1&jh=0" can be appended to the URL, via which the Prescreen widget can be called up, and the URL can be linked, for example, with the button "Apply now on initiative!". This takes candidates directly to the application form when they click on the link.
- As a second option, the mailbox for speculative applications can be linked.
- Third, by default, applicants can register via the automatically available job page in the candidate center, which starts a speculative application in case you have activated at "Settings" (1) > "Applications" (2) > "Application settings" (3) the option "Allow speculative applications" (4).