Captcha (= completely automated public turing test) stands for a system test, which helps us to decide whether a certain input were made by a human or a computer. If you are dealing with lots of spam applications in your jobs, you can configure Google reCAPTCHA to protect the application process. In this article we will show you, how to enable captcha in the Prescreen application form.
Table of contents
1. General information about reCAPTCHA
Please adapt the data protection policy after the introduction of Google reCAPTCHA, so that your candidates are informed about it.
2. How to set up reCAPTCHA?
1. Open the reCaptcha v3 admin console.
2. Enter a label (1), select "reCAPTCHA v2" (2) and the "Invisible reCAPTCHA badge" (3).
3. Next add jobbase.io to the domains section.
4. (Optional) Add email addresses of other colleagues, that should be able to view statistics and edit the captcha settings, under "Owners" > "Enter email addresses".
5. Accept the "reCAPTCHA Terms of Service" and click "submit".
6. Copy the "site key" (1) and the "secret key" (2).
7. Open Prescreen and go to "Settings" (1) > "Applications" (2) > "Application Settings" (3). Activate Google reCAPTCHA under "Captcha Settings" (4) to use this function in the candidate registration form. Insert the "site key" (5) and the "secret key" (6) from step 6 here.
8. When you start a new application, you'll see the Google reCAPTCHA badge in the bottom right corner. Please verify that the settings are correct by completing a registration. Here you see an example for a captcha task, users need to solve.
9. If you can continue in the application process, you're done. If you always get an error ("Captcha not valid") after submitting the registration, please check the site key and the secret key.